It has taken me a couples of years to truly understand my skin type and what’s best for it. I used to think that I had dry skin but I realised that it was the products that I used that caused my skin to become dry and that In reality I actually had normal skin. However In extremely hot weather conditions I usually end up with oily skin, so every season I have to switch up my routine to suit the weather. I also have to change my foundation but it’s hard to know which ones best for your skin type because the worst thing you could do is spend more than £25 on a foundation that is completely wrong for your skin. But that’s why I’m writing this blog post to make it easier for you!
There are so many different issues when applying foundation to dry skin from a caked finish to flaking skin to emphasising patches of dryness and fine lines, put the wrong foundation on it, and you can end up making things look a whole lot worse – and end up feeling self-conscious while out and about as a result.
- Nars sheer glow, £33 – illuminating and dewy finish to the skin.
- Charlotte Tilbury, £29 – Vitamin C, hyaluronic filling spheres, mushroom extract; Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Foundation is packed with nothing but nourishing ingredients for the skin.
- Make up forever water blend foundation, £31 – This super-sheer foundation is 80% water, so you know it’s going to hydrate your skin like no other.
- Mac studio face and body foundation, £22 – In every make-up artists pro kit, MAC’s Face And Body formula is conditioning and the finish is sheer but buildable for more coverage.
- Chanel vitalumiere satin smoothing foundation, £38.20 – Brightening dull, dry complexions, it gives a luminous finish and contains extra moisturising properties to keep skin feeling comfortable all day long.
The struggle is real when it comes to finding a foundation that controls excess oil and stays in place all day. To say that wearing foundation when you have an oily skin type is tough may be a massive understatement, but it’s not completely impossible. When you have oils skin it’s best to stick to matte foundations and one that are oil free.
- Giorgio Armani Power Fabric, £40 – Lasts for hours and hours, offering great SPF protection, concealing pretty much every blemish and dark circle, and it locks down any excess sebum production.
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Foundation, £32.50– Mattifies skin and lasts all day and into the night, without smudging or needing any touch-ups at all.
- Kat Von D ‘Lock It’ Liquid Foundation, £27– Gives the most flawless, full coverage finish.
- Diorskin Forever Foundation, £35– lightwear but buildable whilst lasting 16 hours, the best for long days!